Blossom Academy bridges Africa's tech skills gap with tailored 12-week data science fellowships in data analytics, data science, data engineering and artificial intelligence. Students work on real projects and receive mentorship and internship opportunities.
Blossom Academy is bridging the longstanding gap between industry and education, bringing together industry partners, ambitious students, world-class education, and a dedicated team under one roof. The academy identifies and recruits economically disadvantaged graduates interested in data science for fully sponsored boot camps, with a strong commitment to increasing the representation of women in the field.
Why Their Work Matters
Local companies across the continent frequently outsource data projects abroad, incurring high costs and overlooking the potential of local talent. In response to this issue, Blossom Academy was established, driven by the high demand for data talent and the expanding youthful African workforce. Through their fully-sponsored programs, Blossom Academy is cultivating African data scientists who play a crucial role in addressing the continent's challenges and advancing its progress.
- 90% of graduates are confirmed data professionals (62% are matched by Blossom Academy and 38% find work on their own), and secure employment opportunities 45 - 60 days after graduating from our Fellowship programs.
- Graduates increase their salaries by 3x on average; relative to what similar professionals earn in their region.
- 240 unemployed youth graduated from the Blossom Academy Fellowship programs since 2019.
- 75 unemployed youths enrolled in 2023, with 96% of them securing paid internships.
- 1000+ waitlisted applicants provided free access to the DataCamp premium platform to build their capacity in data analytics and data science.
Blossom Academy provides youths from low-income backgrounds in Ghana and Nigeria with a 9-month fully-sponsored Fellowship program- which encompasses data analytics, data science, artificial intelligence, digital marketing, and more- to position graduates in solving Africa's problems and propelling the continent forward.
Jeph Acheampong is the Co-Founder and CEO of Blossom Academy, an organization on a mission to create a pathway for untapped African talents to develop data skills, help them enter the evolving job market, and empower them to establish lasting livelihoods. Before his current role, Jeph was a founding member of Esusu Financial, a leading financial technology company leveraging data solutions to empower tenants and improve property performance. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from New York University and in 2019, he was recognized as a Global Innovator by Expo 2020.